Join us to discover its riches
10 most visited sites
- LASCAUX II: Lascaux II is the reproduction (or facsimile) of the original cave of Lascaux, which was nicknamed the “Sistine Chapel of prehistory”, for the exceptional paintings that adorn its walls.
- CASTELNAUD CASTLE: This 12th century castle is a must for your holiday in Périgord.
- THE GARDENS OF MARQUEYSSAC: Located in Vézac, facing the castle of Castelnaud, the gardens of Marqueyssac allow to go around a rocky spur overlooking the Dordogne.
- THE ROQUE SAINT-CHRISTOPHE: Appointment in the valley of the Vézère for the visit of La Roque Saint-Christophe.
- GOUFFRE DE PROUMEYSSAC: The “cathedral of crystal”, the largest landscaped cavity of Périgord reveals its crystallizations, stalagmites and stalactites.
- THE INTERNATIONAL PREHISTORY CENTER: In the heart of the Vézère Valley, occupied by Man for 400,000 years, you will find a permanent animation and information center.
- CHÂTEAU DE BEYNAC: Dominating the village of Beynac and the river Dordogne, the castle of Beynac is an impressive fortress.
- AQUARIUM DU PÉRIGORD BLACK: It is in the town of Bugue that awaits you the largest private freshwater aquarium in Europe.
- PARC LE BOURNAT: The Park of Bournat or the daily life of a village of Périgord and its inhabitants in 1900.
- CHÂTEAU DES MILANDES: Located in the town of Castelnaud, this castle was built in the 15th century by a local lord.
Hobbies in Dordogne
NEED MORE IDEAS?
Visit the website "Dordogne Périgord - Tourisme France"